The SETAC Europe Young Scientist Awards (YSA) include the best platform and the best poster award and are intended to honour an outstanding individual performance for a scientific work by a student or early career scientist.
The ECETOC Best Platform Award honors the early career scientist with the best platform presentation at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting. The Best Poster Award honours the early career scientist with the best poster presentation at the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting.
- Student (BSc, MSc or PhD) or early career scientist within 3 years from BSc or MSc graduation. Proof must be provided via an active student ID card or a copy of the lastest degree.
- Applicants must be the first AND presenting author of the submitted paper and register for the meeting by the Early Bird Registration Deadline.
- ONLY ONE YSA submission per person will be accepted. If authors submit multiple abstracts for consideration for the YSA, only one abstract will be taken into consideration for the YSA.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Applicants must follow the procedure as follows:
- Submit an abstract for the SETAC Europe Annual Meeting via the online abstract submission form
- Complete and confirm the participation upon receipt of an email (early February)
- Register for the annual meeting by Early Bird Registration Deadline
- Prepare the poster or platform and present it
- The winners will be announced at the closing ceremony
The platform or poster presentation will be evaluated by senior scientists on the basis of originality of the approach; quality of the work (e.g. appropriate methodology, interpretation of results, conclusiveness); quality of the presentation (e.g. clarity, response to questions); and self-reliance and independence.
All participants will receive the scoring and comments after the annual meeting via email.
The winners will be announced at the closing ceremony. All applicants will be informed about the outcome after the annual meeting. The award will cover one Annual Meeting registration, contribution towards travel costs and an invitation to the Presidents Reception.
For further information contact Rebecca Bundschuh