The SETAC Europe Young Scientist LCA Award recognizes exceptional achievements by a young scientist in the field of life cycle assessment, for example, an extraordinary Ph.D. thesis that provides a significant contribution to LCA development and implementation. This award is dedicated for one individual researcher or a group.
The award is sponsored by Lenzing AG and Springer Verlag.
- Nominee must show a demonstrable outstanding contribution to the field
- Nominee should be younger than 35 years (@day of application submission)
- Nominee must be a current SETAC Europe member
The application package must contain all of the material requested to be considered for the award.
- A letter outlining the eligibility for the award (max 4 pages)
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee (max 6 pages)
- A letter of support explaining why the candidate should be considered for the award
Sufficient information should be provided to facilitate an objective evaluation of the nominees, hence evidence of the attributes of the nominee and the conduct of activities embracing the elements of the award shown above should be provided.
All candidates will be evaluated independently by a sub-committee of the SETAC Europe Life Cycle Assessment Interest Group Steering Committee. The full committee will discuss the outcome to determine the recipient and the successful nominee will be informed of the decision by early March. All other applicants will be informed afterwards.
The award will be recognised and presented at the upcoming SETAC Europe Annual Meeting.
The selected candidate will receive:
- A two- year subscription to the online edition of the International Journal of LCA (sponsored by Springer Verlag)
- A short presentation (about one printed page) of the award winner in the journal (sponsored by Springer Verlag)
- Free registration for the upcoming SETAC Europe annual meeting (sponsored by Lenzing AG)
- Invitation to the Presidents Reception at the SETAC Europe annual meeting
- Expenses for the travel and accommodation (sponsored by Lenzing AG)
For further information contact Rebecca Bundschuh