SETAC North America (SNA) is committed to SETAC values, including scientific and individual diversity and inclusivity in all aspects of governance and programming. SNA is devoted to the inclusion of people from all walk of life to ensure the membership of SNA represents the world in which environmental scientist, managers, and policy makers serve. SNA aims to increase the accessibility for people from diverse backgrounds to attend our annual meetings.
All individuals from underrepresented group within SETAC North America are encouraged to apply, including:
- Students and professionals who are Black and Indigenous People of Color (BIPOC) including Black; Hispanic; Latinax; and Indigenous Peoples of North America including but not limited to Native Americans, Native Hawaiians, Alaska Natives, First Nations, Inuit, Métis and the many Indigenous Peoples of Mexico and People of Color.
- Professionals who work at minority-servicing institutions, four-year colleges, and local or regional agencies and groups.
About the Grant
- The grant includes one-year membership in SETAC, a meeting registration waiver, and a travel stipend as applicable.
- The grant has two eligibility criteria, which are a commitment to attend the meeting in full and demonstrated financial need.
- The number of grants and the specifics of the grants (amount of financial travel stipend, if any) varies from year to year based on SNA finances at the discretion of the SNA Board of Directors.
- An individual can only receive the grant once every three years.
Applicant must complete the application in full, which includes the following information:
- Applicant eligibility criteria
- Resume or CV
- Commitment to attend the meeting in full
- Statement of financial need
For further information, contact Laura Swanson.