The Dependent Care Grant is intended to encourage and support SETAC members who have significant dependent care responsibilities (such as childcare) in attending the SETAC North America annual meeting. Despite the move to a virtual format this year, we understand that these responsibilities may still represent barriers to attending the annual meeting. Thus, grants (up to US$400) are intended to support attendees who incur additional expenses associated with dependent care during the meeting.
The applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a current member of SETAC North America
- Attend the SETAC 41st SETAC North America annual meeting in full
- Must be the primary caregiver
SETAC defines a dependent as:
- A child 16 years old or younger, who resides with the applicant
- A person older than 16 (e.g., an adolescent or adult child, spouse or elderly parent), who resides with the applicant and is dependent on the applicant for support due to a physical or mental impairment
If the number of grant applications exceeds available funding, preference will be given to applicants in the early stages of their careers.
- Dependent care expenses in route to or at the site of the meeting
- Additional expenses at home because the primary caregiver was attending the meeting (e.g. overtime at a daycare center, cost of a sitter, etc.)
- Travel costs for bringing a caregiver to the meeting or your home
- Travel costs for bringing a dependent to the site of the meeting
- Regular home-based dependent care expenses
- Expenses related to the attendee’s meeting participation, such as meeting registration, meals, travel of the attendee to the meeting
- Entertainment and personal expenses, such as tickets to local museums, amusement parks or social activities
For further information, contact Laura Swanson.