SETAC North America awards and fellowships are divided into three categories: Professional awards, research fellowships and student awards.
Each award category is evaluated by separate guidelines but maintains the intent of the Society’s award process. Unless an award specifies otherwise, candidates may be self-nominated or nominated by an individual or group and SETAC members or nonmembers (guests) from the North America, Asia-Pacific or Latin America geographic units.
Eugene Kenaga SETAC Membership Award
Compliance Services International
The Eugene Kanaga Award is given annually to any member that provides leadership and development opportunities to the members of SETAC at either the national or chapter level.
SETAC/Outstanding Regional Chapter Member
University of Manitoba
This award goes to a North America regional chapter member who consistently contributes to the development of the society at the chapter level and who has improved the chapter’s services.
SETAC Government Service Award
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Recognizing exemplary dedication and service by a scientist toward promoting the collective application of environmental toxicology and chemistry to risk assessment in a government function.
Stephen J. Klaine Environmental Education Award
University of Waterloo
Named in honor of Steve Klaine for his dedication to environmental science and teaching and mentoring students, the award recognizes significant contributions to environmental education.
Best Student Presentation Award Winners
Best Platform Award Winners
Foster (Sonny) Mayer PhD
- 1st Place, Jake Martin, Monash University
- 2nd Place, Devon McGrath, Memorial University of Newfoundland
- 3rd Place, Erik Folkerts, University of Alberta
- 3rd Place, Rachel Hems, University of Toronto
- 3rd Place, Carolyn Poutasse, Oregon State University
- 1st Place, Rebecca Osborne, University of Guelph
- 2nd Place, Chryssa King, St. Cloud State University
- 3rd Place, Victoria Restivo, McMaster University
- 1st Place, Justin Miller, University of Lethbridge
- 2nd Place, Adam McFall, University of South Carolina-Aiken
Best Poster Award Winners
Foster (Sonny) Mayer PhD
- 1st Place, Sivani Baskaran, University of Toronto-Scarborough
- 2nd Place, Gavin Dehnert, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 3rd Place, Victoria McGruer, University of California-Riverside
- 1st Place, Courtney Murr, Louisiana State University
- 2nd Place, Danielle Lemire, University of Toronto-Mississauga
- 3rd Place, Daniel Persaud, York University
- 1st Place, Darren Van Essen, University of Lethbridge
- 2nd Place, Helina Gyasi, University of Ottawa
- 3rd Place, Naomi Mason, Alma College